Museum - Books & Booklets
Books. What can I say about books that hasn't been said before? Read, enjoy. Read again. Books are an endless source of enjoyment and a first source for research. Be kind to your books and they will be kind to you.
Image: Ruling machine. Early commercialhand operated machine for adding lines to pages.
- The Use of Tools & Machinery; Mysteries Explored
- Tools and How to Use Them for Woodworking and Metalworking. 1948. Alfred P. Morgan
- Stanley 45: Seven Planes in One. 1913
- How To Use Your Levard Workbench
- How To Select, Use and Care For Bits.1939. Irwin Auger Bit Mfg. Co.
- Hints On Using A Stanley Plane. c1950
- The Lathe And How To Use It by Temple Thorold. 1867
- How To Assemble A1 Hobbies Fretmachine, c1930
- The Care of Tools: Sharpening, Fettling, Cleaning
- The Art Of Saw Filing, Scientfically Treated And Explained On Philosophical Principles. H. W. Holly. 1882
- Hand Saws. Their Use, Care and Abuse. How To Select, and How To File Them. Fred T. Hodgson. 1909
- Read This Before You Use Stanley Planes. c1950
- Proper Care Of Your Hand Saws! c1950. Porter-Disston Division, H K Porter, Australia.
- Suggestions On The Care Of Saws, By C.C. Taintor.. Taintor Mfg. Co., 1908.
- How To File A Hand Saw. 1916. The Simonds Manufacturing Company.
- Concerning Handsaws: Some Hints On Their Care & Maintenance. Spear & Jackson. c1950
- Servicing Your Saws. W. Tyzack, Sons & Turner LTD. Little London Works, Sheffield c1950
- Plans; Expressly for the Craftsman in the Makeing of Stuff
- How To Make Woodwork Tools. Charles Hayward. c1945.
- The Art Of Fretwork - Hobbies. c1930.
- How To Paint Your Home. New Era Paint. c1920.
- Journal Articles - Work: 1889, Vol. 1. : Various homemade wooden planes and tools
- Moxon's Waveform Molding Machine explained
- The Glue Handbook: The Keystone Glue Company, c1930
- Doing The Gluing: The Keystone Glue Company, c1930
- The Carpenters' & Joiners' Companion; Instructions in Practical Trades
- L'Art Du Menuisier (The Art Of The Joiner). Andre Roubo. 1769-1774. (Excerpts)
- The Amateur Carpenter And Builder. c1904. (Chapt. VIII: The Carpenters' Bench)
- More L'Art Du Menuisier, Andre Roubo (New York Public Library excerpts)
- Felibien: Des Principes De L'Architecture, De La Sculpture, De La Peinture, Ed Des Aures Arts....
- Miscellaneous but Nevertheless Fascinating Stuff
- Patents for Useful Inventions. 1826. USPTO report.
- Book excerpt and signature: The Property Of Hermon Chapin, Hartford, Con, May 12th, 1826.
- Hazen's Panorama Of Professionas And Trades 1839